At RomoRecoire we are committed to helping make a better environment and to actively reduce our carbon footprint, through the strategic planning of our business practices and by reviewing and improving our products and services.
Wherever possible we recycle all our waste materials, ensuring recycling companies we use meet the same environmental standard as ourselves. We seek to utilise the technologies which minimise energy and material consumption in our products and processes, and we encourage our employees to recognise their responsibilities regarding the protection of the environment where possible.
FSC accredited timber
- RomoRecoire’s timber frames are cut in our saw workshops and hand-crafted by experienced carpenters from a combination of soft and hard woods including beech and pine from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) managed forests. Frames are guaranteed for 10 years so longevity is built into our sofas from the start
- Our furniture meets British contract standard BS4875. This exceeds normal domestic requirements so a RomoRecoire sofa will endure a high level of wear for many years to come.
- The specialist production of our furniture within our own workshops means that We can offer a renovation and re-upholstery service. Your existing sofa can be given a new lease of life by renvovation, avoiding a disposal trip to a landfill site thereby ensuring your initial investment really can last a lifetime.
- Wood off-cuts are recycled for kindling and fabric ends are up-cycled to a local charity and schools.
- Working with the Carbon Trust We have implemented energy saving solutions such as a new energy efficient lighting system in the workshops which provides equivalent light using half the energy.